Apply Now!

  • Submit all official transcripts from colleges/universities, test scores, military, non-collegiate training.
  • Applicants who do not have at least 9 college-level credits must submit a high school transcript or equivalent.
  • Once You have applied, check your admissions status online.

Readmission for students dismissed from the college:

  • Students who have been dismissed will need to wait the allotted time stated at the time of dismissal to reapply. To gain permission to reapply, the student will need to submit a written appeal using the petition form.

Request transcripts

  • Request official transcripts from each awarding source where you’ve attempted to earn credit.
  • Include college transcripts, military records and standardized exams from CLEP or DSST.
  • If you do not have college-level credit, you will need to have your official High School or GED transcript sent directly to Charter Oak.
  • Applicants who completed high school outside of the United States, should contact their admissions counselor for guidance on required documentation.
  • Visit Parchment and/or the National Student Clearinghouse to see if a college you attended will send a transcript electronically to
  • How to obtain transcripts for certifications and exams.
  • Let us know if you may have transcripts under an alternate name.


  • We'll review your documents and create your preliminary credit evaluation (Advising Worksheet)

Advising Worksheet Completed

  • Receive the Advising Worksheet e-mail from your Admissions Counselor
  • Contact your Admissions Counselor

Pay Your Deposit

  • Confirm your decision to enroll in the college by paying the non-refundable $150 deposit. The deposit will be applied to tuition/fees.

Charter Oak welcomes students who are non-U.S. citizens or have international academic credentials. As a non-residential college, Charter Oak does not administer the I-20 form for purposes of issuing a student VISA.

Applicants residing outside of the United States are required to verify their identity by completing and having notarized the Identity Verification form. The original form must be sent to Admissions at Charter Oak State College.

Credentials from non-U.S. colleges must be evaluated by a recognized agency prior to review by Charter Oak. The College recommends a course by course evaluation be completed by either: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES)

A student presenting international credentials must earn a minimum of 30 credits from U.S. institutions for a bachelor's degree or 15 credits for an associate degree.

Active Duty Military

Active duty Service Members are exempt from the semester-based College Fees and pay the $250 per credit rate for courses. Download the Military Eligibility form.

* Not applicable to graduate programs.

Connecticut Veterans

Connecticut veterans must submit a DD214 (Member 4 Form). Please submit via fax, email or mail.

  • Telephone: 860-515-3701 - email:
  • Monday - Friday,  8:30-5:00; Eastern Time
  • Admissions Counselors available most evenings until 7:00 p.m. by appointment.